HISTORY OF CERROWIRE
The company was established in 1920 by Hyman Cohn as Circle Flexible Conduit Co., Inc. It was first engaged in the manufacture and sale of armored cable and flexible steel conduit. By 1929 the company began manufacturing insulated wire and increased the line of various types of copper wire and cable, leading to a change in the company’s name. In 1935, the name was changed to Circle Wire & Cable Corp.
In 1938 the company constructed its main plant in Maspeth, NY and in 1951 facilities were constructed in Syosset, NY. In 1955 the company was acquired by Cerro de Pasco Corp, which led to the development of Cerro Wire & Cable Company. Cerro became a member of The Marmon Group in 1976. In 1983, Hartselle became the corporate headquarters when all operations were moved to Alabama and later manufacturing facilities were added in Utah, Indiana and Georgia.
In 2007, two segments were formed, the Electrical Distribution Division, headquartered in Hartselle, Alabama and the Consumer Markets Division, headquartered in Crothersville, Indiana. In 2008, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., acquired majority interest in the Marmon Group of companies, further solidifying Cerrowire’s future in the building wire industry for years to come. The company is now known as Cerro Wire LLC.