For use within a well casing to supply current to a submersible pump. For use where the cable is not subject to repetitive handling required by frequent pump-unit service. Maximum conductor operating temperature: 75°C at voltages not exceeding 600 volts. Minimum operating temperature is -25°C.
- soft, uncoated copper per ASTM-B8
NFPA70: National Electrical Code®
- All conductors, including the ground wire, are laid flat and parallel and are covered with a yellow PVC insulation rated 75°C (Type THW). This PVC compound forms an interconnecting web between the conductors.
- One conductor is marked with the sample surface print shown below plus sequential footage markings in black.
- One conductor is printed with red hash marks.
- The grounding conductor is marked with a continuous green stripe and “FOR GROUNDING ONLY.”
- On three-conductor cables with ground, the fourth conductor is unmarked.
Sample: 12 AWG (UL) THW SUBMERSIBLE PUMP CABLE 600 VOLTS 900 FT