Location: Hartselle, AL
Team Member will operate equipment in a wire and cable manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to grasp fine objects
- Vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Forklift certification, 2 years stand-up forklift experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Valid driver’s license required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receives and unloads freight either manually or with equipment
- Checks for damaged goods
- Verifies quantity and quality of order
- Verifies items received
- Delivers received product to appropriate locations
- Ensures shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and staged for shipment
- Ensures orders picked match pick list
- Works to palletize product in a way that allows for ease of customer receipt and loading of trucks to save on transportation costs
- Transfers finished goods from racks, pallets and storage, to pallets for shipment.
- Picking Orders and preparing those orders for shipment
- Replenishes inventory by taking produced product and putting in the appropriate warehouse locations in a timely manner
- Storage – Inventory Assessment of current cycle counts
- Participates in physical inventories of the warehouse
- Assists in the maintaining of inventory records
- Responds to shipping requests from various departments
- Ability to operate a stand-up forklift in a safe manner
- Packers will require the ability to place spools of wire into packaging, cradles, on pallets, etc.
- Packers will visually inspect finished products for quality.
- Will be required to cut wire to specified footage and re-spool wire while preparing for shipment
- May work with fine wire
- Perform functions of receiving and storage of stock and material
- Perform functions of loading trucks
- Work area housekeeping and organization
- Use a wireless scanner to process orders
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Organizes warehouse as instructed
- Cut Line Operations
- Set up machines as required
- Pick product and string up
- Ensure all operations are controlled:
- Counters and counter checks
- Machine settings
- Verify the appropriate wire sizes and colors for the cut
- Ensure all labels are printed legibly
- Ensure sequential footage is checked as necessary
- Ensure a good lay of product on the reel
- Spool product, wrap product, label product, palletize product for shipment
- Scan product and place product back into inventory as required
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy conditions. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to climb up and down frequently. Ability to operate mobile equipment around pedestrians and in tight spaces. Ability to see color with accuracy. Ability to see near and far distances and understand precision pick and placement.
Apply by Email
Cerro Wire LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identification and sexual orientation) or national origin in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. An Equal Opportunity Employer for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and armed forces service medal veterans. An Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities.
Cerro Wire is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Cerro Wire LLC and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call 256-773-2522 ext 332. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
WHERE TO BUY
Cerrowire markets through a number of quality retailers and manufacturer’s representatives.