Location: Hartselle, AL
Performs duties associated with the continuous wire extruding machines and auxiliary equipment to produce wire to specific tolerance and finish
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety related instructions
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Strong Math skills (addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, fractions)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic troubleshooting skill is a plus
- Material handling experience is a plus
- Must have visual ability to detect colors
Responsibilities and Duties
- Setup extrusion machines in accordance with required product
- Select correct machine tooling
- Set controls to regulate temperature, speed, thickness of PVC/Nylon on wire
- Splice and butt weld ends of wire
- String-up machine
- Measures and examines extruded products to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications, adjusting controls as necessary to alter products
- Checks wire for quality cosmetic and color print
- Moves materials by hand, using hoist, overhead crane and or forklift
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required
- Places take-up spool into machines and adjust the travel of distributor to width of spool
- Uses precision instruments to perform quality testing
- Cuts wire when specified footage has been wound and wraps end of wire by hand or using mechanical tools
- Moves finished wire from take-up by rolling reels out of machine for pickup by forklifts
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and observes all company and safety rules
- Perform preventive and minor equipment maintenance as required
- Update GEMBA boards as required
- Participate in Lean events as well as housekeeping and safety audits as needed
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Employees will work in environments that may include exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, noise, humidity.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required when performing work, safety toed shoes, hearing protection, gloves, etc.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
Apply by Email
Cerro Wire LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identification and sexual orientation) or national origin in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. An Equal Opportunity Employer for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and armed forces service medal veterans. An Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities.
Cerro Wire is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Cerro Wire LLC and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call 256-773-2522 ext 332. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
WHERE TO BUY
Cerrowire markets through a number of quality retailers and manufacturer’s representatives.