Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving
Location: Crothersville, IN
This position will operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and to move them to various areas of the plant.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety related instructions
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
- Ability to operate various sit down and stand up forklifts as required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the facility and to the wrapper when the product is considered a finished good
- Sort, pack, wrap, tie and label products as per company procedures
- Moves product to storage locations as required. * Moves reels full and empty to and from machines located throughout the facility.
- Ensures inbound products and outbound products are free from damage and report any quality issues identified
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and observes all company and safety rules
- Performs daily forklift checks prior to starting the shift each day
- Fills and replaces LP containers on propane powered lifts
- Removes and replaces batteries on electric powered lifts
- Moves scrap boxes as required
- Removes trash and garbage as required and places in compactor
- Performs unloading and loading activities on tractor trailers as required
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Employees will work in environments that may include exposure to extreme temperatures, dust, noise, humidity.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required when performing work, safety toed shoes, hearing protection, gloves, etc.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs if required. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb up and down from heights
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Reach Truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
Apply by Email
Cerro Wire LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identification and sexual orientation) or national origin in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. An Equal Opportunity Employer for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and armed forces service medal veterans. An Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities.
Cerro Wire is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Cerro Wire LLC and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call 256-773-2522 ext 332. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
WHERE TO BUY
Cerrowire markets through a number of quality retailers and manufacturer’s representatives.