Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Location: Hartselle, AL
This position is responsible for the planning, direction, coordination and scheduling of wire & cable production activities necessary to meet safety, quality, and fulfillment plans.
- Four year degree in manufacturing, engineering or a related field with 6 years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
- Or, high school diploma or GED with 10 years of progressively responsible related experience. * Strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to operate independently and in small multi-discipline teams.
- Must demonstrate participative problem solving, project management and continuous improvement skills.
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical and computer skills (MS Office)
- Preferred, experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises employees to ensure all work is performed safely and in accordance with company policies, practices and applicable UL standards.
- Timely and continuous communication to all team members of current status (Safety, Usage, Scrap, and Quality)
- Coach and mentor top performers to involve in projects and company needs to motivate for growth.
- Work with Human Resources to direct underperformers to counsel for improvement. * Conducts daily shift meetings to convey shift-to-shift handoffs of production activities.
- Assists in maintaining GEMBA boards, reports, scrap, etc. by managing the shop floor and ensuring operators are accountable to goals.
- Efficiencies – track employee status and set goals to hold accountable.
- Process scrap – track employee status and set goals to hold accountable.
- Rework and continuously drive improvements – Ensure WIP inventory tied up in rework is continuously reduced and actions to eliminate.
- Ensure proper goals are set and review those goals to raise the bar.
- Hold operators and support teams accountable for meeting goals. * Partners with Engineering and Maintenance to identify, prioritize, and schedule maintenance activities.
- Monitors and maintains plant common areas by applying 6S principles and standards.
- Ensures daily 6S through GEMBA walks.
- Supplies are organized and locations set up.
- Ensures rework areas are organized.
- Ensures overall floor cleanliness is continuously improving. * Supports plant management with ongoing projects and trains production staff.
- Active role to ensure top projects are supported and moving forward to improve shop floor performance.
- Identify and implement projects to improve the bottom line (labor, scrap, usage)
- Ensure employees are crossed trained to level OT and production requirements.
- Work on identifying an action plan to continuously improve efficiencies and reduce OT.
- Work with scheduling to ensure product flow and labor match to meet demands. * Work with HR and Accounting to ensure that employees are paid correctly for the work performed.
- Assists HR with communication and management of the attendance policy.
- Assign priorities to ensure top projects are completed (Utilize 80/20 principles)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Ability to maneuver through racks, aisles, and other areas of the plant.
- Could be asked to provide physical activity including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 50lbs), and walking (up to 80% of the day).
- Could be asked to operate equipment found in a manufacturing environment including, but not limited to, material handling equipment.
- 6 years (Preferred)
Apply by Email
Cerro Wire LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identification and sexual orientation) or national origin in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. An Equal Opportunity Employer for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, and armed forces service medal veterans. An Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities.
Cerro Wire is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Cerro Wire LLC and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call 256-773-2522 ext 332. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
WHERE TO BUY
Cerrowire markets through a number of quality retailers and manufacturer’s representatives.