Metal-Clad Cable with two-, three- or four-circuit THHN/THWN conductors and a green insulated ground in addition to a bare aluminum grounding/bonding conductor that is cabled on the outside of the separator tape, allowing it to be in constant contact with the armor and to serve as a redundant grounding path. Intended for use in accordance with the National Electrical Code®. Conductor constructions have the insulated conductors cabled together with a separator tape, displaying the identification print legend, wrapped around the assembly. An interlocked aluminum armor is applied over the entire construction.
- Solid Conductors
- 90°C Dry
- Soft, uncoated copper per ASTM B3
Bare Grounding/Bonding Conductor
- 8000 Series aluminum alloy per ASTM B800. Sizes 10 AWG – 8 AWG.
THHN/THWN-2 PVC (polyvinyl chloride) with color-coded nylon (polyamide) covering. Sizes 12 AWG – 10 AWG.
Aluminum alloy armor applied over the complete assembly
UL 1569: E38918
UL 83: E15119
ASTM B3, ASTM B800
NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), Article 330
Federal Specification A-A59544
Armor Coding System*:
- True Sequential Footage: shown every two feet
- Footage Marker: Black line = aluminum armor
- Chevron Colors: indicate number & color of conductors
- Chevron Direction: indicates recommended pull direction
- Cable Size: indicates wire gauge & number of conductors
- Long Green Stripe and Green Cross Icons: indicate Healthcare MC