May be used as service-entrance conductors and in other applications where SE cables are permitted when installed as specified by NEC® Article 230. May be used in wet or dry locations at temperatures up to 90°C.
- branch circuit wiring
- service entrance
- wet or dry locations
- Uncoated copper per ASTM-B3, ASTM-B8, and ASTM-B787
- Type THHN conductors
- Black PVC (polyvinyl chloride), rated to 90°C in wet or dry locations
- Jacketed with black nylon (polyamide)
- One phase conductor has a red stripe on its insulation surface for easy polarity identification
- White PVC (polyvinyl chloride), rated 90°C
- Jacketed with white nylon (polyamide)
Equipment Ground Conductor
- Bare stranded copper conductor
Gray, sunlight-resistant PVC (polyvinyl chloride) jacket over the complete assembly
UL 83 (insulated conductors)
UL 854 Service Entrance Cables, File No. 11098
Federal Specification A-A-59544
NFPA70: National Electrical Code®
*It is the sole responsibility of the end user to determine suitability of this product for its intended end use and application.
Insulated and bare conductors are twisted together.
Glass-reinforced tape is applied over conductors.
Sample: TYPE SE CABLE STYLE R TYPE THHN OR THWN 3 CDRS 6 AWG 1 CDR 6 AWG 600V E11098-A (UL)