May be used as service-entrance conductors when installed as required by NEC® Article 230. May be used for branch circuits or feeders within a building as specified by the NEC Section 338-10.
- branch circuit wiring
- service entrance
- wet or dry locations
- Uncoated copper per ASTM-B3, ASTM-B8, and ASTM-B787
- Type THHN conductors
- Black PVC (polyvinyl chloride), rated 90°C in wet or dry locations
- Jacketed with black nylon (polyamide)
- Polarity ID: A red stripe on one conductor’s insulation surface
- Stranded, uncoated copper per ASTM-B3, ASTM-B8, and ASTM-B787
Gray, sunlight-resistant PVC (polyvinyl chloride) over entire assembly
UL 83 (Insulated Conductors)
UL 854 Service Entrance Cables, FILE NO. 11098
Federal Specification A-A-59544
NFPA70: National Electrical Code®
*It is the sole responsibility of the end user to determine suitability of this product for its intended end use and application.
Parallel-laid conductors with the neutral conductor between the two insulated conductors. Conductors are wrapped with a fiberglass-reinforced polyester tape.
Sample: TYPE SE CABLE STYLE U TYPE THHN OR THWN 2 CDRS 6 AWG 1 CDR 8 AWG 600V E11098-A (UL)