May be used for extra hard usage on industrial equipment, heavy tools, battery chargers, portable lights, welding leads, marine dockside power, power extensions, and mining applications when installed as specified by Article 400 and related articles of the National Electrical Code® (NEC) and other applicable standards.
SOOW may be used in wet or dry locations. It is heat, moisture, ozone, sunlight, flame, and oil-resistant EPDM rubber.
RECALL: Cerrowire is issuing a recall of 8 AWG and 6 AWG SOOW cord. It has come to our attention that some of the cord shipped between November 17, 2019 and January 24, 2020 was marked UL Listed in error.
The cable of concern has a print legend similar to the following:
• CAROL 8/3 TYPE SOOW 90C P-7K-123033 MSHA MADE IN USA 600 VOLT
• CAROL 3/C #6 AWG (13.3MM2) TYPE SOOW 90C P-7K-123033 MSHA MADE IN USA 600 VOLT
• CAROL 4/C #6 AWG (13.3MM2) TYPE SOOW 90C P-7K-123033 MSHA MADE IN USA 600 VOLT L19F100352
• CAROL 4/C #8 AWG (8.37MM2) TYPE SOOW 90C P-7K-123033 MSHA MADE IN USA 600 VOLT
The packaging is marked with the Cerrowire name and markings. Since the packaging indicates that the product is UL listed, it must be relabeled. Although we do not anticipate any safety issues, the product does not comply with the marked certifications. If you have cord products that are part of this recall, please contact Cerrowire at 866-572-3776 for instructions on how to exchange the product.
- Bare flexible stranded copper conductors insulated with EPDM rubber resistant to heat, ozone, moisture and oil, then cabled with wax paper fillers. A black heat-, moisture- and oil-resistant CPE jacket is extruded over the entire assembly.
UL® Listed for Outdoor use
cULus® Listed for Continuous Submersion in Water
Sample: (UL) C(UL) S00W 3/C 8AWG (8.37mm2) 90 FT2 600V E215210 100281-001